Northern Nevada Family Law Resource Guide
Apart from the legal services provided by Carlson & Work, there are other community resources available for families. We’ve made a list of resources in Reno, Sparks, and Carson City for your review.
- State Bar of Nevada: The Nevada State Bar provides a full list licensed attorneys throughout Nevada. The NV Bar website lists attorney profiles, their specialities and other helpful information.
- Northern NV Legal Aid: Northern Nevada Legal Aid is a non-profit organization that provides free legal assistance to low-income residents in Washoe County. Their website provides resources to help individuals access legal services, including family law matters.
- Nevada Judiciary Self-Help Center: The Nevada Judiciary Self-Help Center provides legal information and assistance to self-represented litigants in civil matters, including family law cases.
- Domestic Violence Resource Center: The Domestic Violence Resource Center supports Nevadans who are experiencing domestic violence. Their center also assists individuals with protective orders. Visit their website to access crisis hotlines and counseling services.
- Nevada Coalition to End Domestic and Sexual Violence: This organization is statewide. They provide training and other resources specific to domestic and sexual violence.
- Washoe County Court Family Services: The Court is a resource for those going through a divorce or separation. They offer mediation services and parenting classes to families in our community.
- Nevada Legal Services: Nevada Legal Services is a nonprofit organization that provides free legal assistance to low-income individuals and seniors throughout Nevada. They can assist with family law cases, including divorce, child custody, and child support.
- Nevada Division of Child and Family Services: The Nevada Division of Child and Family Services provides a variety of services to families, including child protective services, adoption services, and foster care. They also offer resources for families dealing with trauma, health problems, and divorce.
- Nevada Women’s Fund: The Nevada Women’s Fund provides resources to help women improve their lives and the lives of their families in Northern Nevada. They also offer educational scholarships and estate planning resources.
Each of these resources are accessible to individuals in Northern Nevada who may need extra assistance related to their family law matters. We trust that this guidance assists families as they navigate the legal system.