Why You MUST Have an Uninsured Motorist Policy
Car insurance is an essential cautionary policy that every driver should purchase. Contrary to this statement, one in eight drivers don’t carry car insurance and in Nevada, an estimated 10.6% of drivers are uninsured. When you get in a car crash caused by an uninsured driver, you could incur substantial expenses that will not be covered by insurance. Fortunately, a qualified Reno personal injury lawyer can assist you in obtaining full compensation for your and your property’s sustained injuries.
What is Uninsured Motorist Coverage?
Uninsured motorist policies pay for medical bills and other expenses that you and anyone else in your car have suffered from a car accident caused by:
- A driver who doesn’t have liability car insurance.
- A driver who doesn’t have enough liability insurance to cover the expenses.
- A driver whose insurance company denies the coverage of the expenses.
The accident must be the fault of the other driver for uninsured motorist coverage to apply. The purchase of an uninsured motorist policy in Reno, Nevada will save a driver from having to contact an accident attorney to properly receive the compensation they deserve from a car accident.
Expenses Uninsured Motorist Policies Pay For:
- Medical bills
- Missed wages from not working due to the accident
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- Funeral expenses
- Damage to your car
- Hit-and-run accident damages
Types of Uninsured Motorist Policies:
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury: This type of policy covers medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, funeral expenses, and expenses incurred when you are hit by a car as a pedestrian or while riding a bike.
- Uninsured motorist property damage: This type of policy covers damage incurred to your car or property.
Contacting an Injury Lawyer
An experienced personal injury lawyer can assist you in Reno when you must initiate an uninsured motorist policy. An injury lawyer can also help prove “uninsured” in the uninsured motorist case and ensure that you obtain rightful compensation for the accident.
Call Carlson & Work of Reno, Nevada today at for assistance with uninsured motorist policies and personal injury cases. Our experienced accident attorneys can help guide you through the procedure.